Friday, March 7, 2008

Diego

This is my sweet little cockatiel, Diego. He doesn't like to sit still for photographs, but he will whistle you his favorite songs.

When he is feeling silly, he will have a birdie conversation with my big toe. He crouches down and makes his version of people speak and it kind of sounds like mumbling. I get the feeling he thinks my toe is just another person who is closer to his size. They always start out playing nice, but eventually my big toe will make him angry and Diego will try to bite it. Or at least show my toe who is the boss.

It's pretty funny. When he really starts to get going, I can't help but laugh, which makes him more irritated. He does not like to be laughed at. I end up tucking my foot under a pillow or in between the cushions on the couch to avoid a bird bite. Diego will pace back and forth looking for his toe friend, completely baffled that it just disappeared into thin air.



Diego LOVES people food and his favorites are, cilantro, shredded carrots, Italian parsley, brown rice and grapenuts.

He also likes Swarovski crystals because they are shiny, but he is not allowed to play with those. He is allowed to play with his new toy from wyspurcreations.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. He's so cute! And has great taste in food (other than toes...)!

    ReplyDelete