Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Green is the theme

I have some new pieces in my shop that I made from a huge assortment of Czech glass beads and they happen to be predominantly green. So, quite a few of my new pieces are in the green family. It works out though since Earth Day is in April - Go Green!

This is my Earth Day inspired necklace.




In the spirit of Earth Day, here are some tips to get more Green:

- Conserve fuel by turning down the heat at night and while you are away from your home or install a programmable thermostat.

- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.

- Buy locally — not only is it good for the local economy, it will save energy because products haven’t traveled across the globe to get to you.

- Avoid the use of aerosols.

- Ensure you have good ventilation and balanced humidity in your home to prevent the growth of mould and mildew, which can be harmful to your health.

- Take your own bags to the grocery store. If you take plastic bags, use them until they are worn out.

- Always use reusables mugs, lunch containers, batteries, pens, razors, etc.

- Replace paper products with reusable ones (use recycled, non-chlorine bleached paper when you do have to use paper).

I know there are a million more great tips out there to help everyone be more Green. Send me yours and I will add it to my list here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment: