Saturday, February 2, 2008

It's the weekend!

Hello everyone,

I hope the weekend is treating you well. It is still really cold and overcast and I haven't been able to shoot more pictures of my jewelry. I am anxious to list more pieces in my etsy shop.

But I have learned the hard way that the pictures in your listings are sooooo important. They are all that speak for any item that you may sell in your shop.

I have learned the following things that are absolutely imperative to taking quality pictures (of jewelry especially).

1. Shoot only in a good source of natural light. Don't even think about using the flash. It overexposes the picture and completely distorts the color.

2. Always use a macro setting. The closer you can get to the jewelry, the more detailed and in focus the picture will be.

3. Shoot a lot of different angles and "detail" as well as "entire piece" pictures. You want to have a lot to choose from when deciding the pictures that best depict your jewelry.

Ask yourself: Does the color in the picture accurately represent the jewelry in real life?

There is a lot more that can be added to this list, and as my pictures improve - I will contribute more to the list.

In the meantime, I invite you to join me in taking the "handmade pledge". I love this new concept that I have learned from etsy and want to incorporate it into my life as much as possible.

I also want to continue to support my new etsy family and make purchases from them before I even have time to think about stepping foot into a Target.

Have a fantastic weekend and happy hand making!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment