Wednesday, October 22, 2008

On a Blogin Roll

I have desperately wanted to incorporate cabochons into my stock of beads in my shop, but have been a little reluctant until now.

As I use more and more cabochons in my own jewelry designs, I am gaining a working knowledge of all of the different cuts and shapes these neat gemstones come in. So, of course the first round of cabochons I will be offering will be a selection of gemstones that I love, but I absolutely want your feedback on what kinds of cabochons you love to work with too.

These little beauties are everything that I love about gemstones! They are rich in color and sparkle for days like black diamonds. They are actually melanite garnets which are regular garnets that also contain titanium that cause their color to be black.

If I haven't bored you enough, and you love these cabochons as much as I do, you can purchase them here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment: